- Take as much off before you get on the scales. Watch, glasses - you name it, it's coming off.
- Wee as much as possible before weigh in. It's a well known fact that water retention will make you put on weight so try to wee away as much as possible before you get on those scales. I have been known to go to the loo before I leave the house and as I arrive at Slimming World. 5 minutes away!
- Food that you eat after weigh in doesn't count. Hence the huge bar of chocolate and 2 bottles of cider I've just downed (and that's just what I'm admitting to!) Weigh in night is treat night and you've got all week to lose those pounds so stuff yourself (disclaimer - this is not a recommended diet tactic, it's just how normal people manage a diet!)
- Don't eat before weigh in. Any meal is bound to add a couple of pounds!
- If you normally get weighed in jeans and think you may not have lost this week then go in a skirt or something else light weight. Swapping jeans for a lightweight skirt or shorts or leggings is good for at least a pound!
Another disclaimer. Please do not follow this blog in an attempt to lose weight. Any weight loss will only be achieved by a calorie controlled diet and plenty of exercise!