Sunday 8 May 2011

TOMA Nails Tutti Frutti Collection Review



I love nail polish.  I've just sorted out my collection and although I was too scared to count all the bottles I have lots.  And I'm always looking for new brands to try.  Being a mother my ideal nail polish would dry quickly, last for ages and not smell (himself can't stand the smell of nail polish so I can only apply it when he's not in!).  Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad (I can feel a song coming on...)

There are 6 shades in the TOMA Tutti Frutti range: Blueberry Sorbet, Strawberries and Cream, Grape Sorbet, Mango Sorbet, Pistachio Cream and Tutti Frutti.  I was sent Mango Sorbet and Blueberry Sorbet to review.  The above picture is the press release picture but I found the colours to be alot darker than depicted.  Blueberry Sorbet is Blue and Mango Sorbet is Orange!


I tried the Blueberry Sorbet first.
Blueberry Sorbet
It applied easily and if I had applied it a bit thicker I could have gotten away with one coat but I didn't so applied two.  It dried very quickly but what I was really impressed with was how it lasted!  I didn't apply any top coat but it didn't really start to chip or wear until I'd been wearing it 5 days!  Which for me is excellent!  I find most polishes chip within the 2nd day of wear as I'm constantly getting my hands wet cleaning, wiping, washing up etc!  However, if you do go for this colour remember to put a base coat on!  I forgot and when I removed the nail polish I looked like a corpse as my nails were stained blue!  Ooops!


I then tried the Mango Sorbet, although I have to admit that personally, this is not my favourite colour of the collection.


Mango Sorbet




Please excuse my terrible application - I think it was late that night!  Again I used 2 coats but as you can see this colour is a little more transparent.  Like I said, not my favourite colour but I funked it up with a cracked effect nail polish and voila:


Giraffe Nails!!
I do apologise for the terrible photography - must do better Smith!


The nail polishes can be bought for £7.25 from www.madbeauty.com which is a little more than I would usually spend on a nail polish.  However, considering how long it lasts without chipping I would say this is a fair investment as you won't need to apply it quite so often!


I was sent the nail polishes for the purpose of this review but the opinions expressed within are my own.






1 comment:

  1. good choice, my favourite colour is mango sorbet too. this is a delightful collection. £7.25 is a bit more than i would spend on a nail polish too but it remains that the shades are gorgeous! now if only these had been scented xx

    ReplyDelete

I love your feedback so please leave me a nice comment so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself!